The top reasons we turn down clothing and accessories is for condition, wrong season, or because it’s not something we carry.
We look over each item with extreme care; looking for stains, rips and “worn looking” fabric. We also examine clothing for smell, wrinkles, lint, and piling. We require all clothing we take in to be in good condition, clean, unwrinkled, without pet-hair, piling and strong odor.
So what if we turn something down for a stain or rip? Is this a judgment of you as a person? Not at all! Clothes are meant to be worn! We just can’t resell it here.
Types of clothing we do not accept:
- Wedding & Bridesmaid Dresses
- Lingerie or underwear (although we make exceptions for vintage peignoirs and dressing gowns)
- Sweatpants and most athletic wear We do accept athleisure/yoga wear (think lululemon).
- Bathing suits that aren’t completely new with the paper in the crotch.
- Most suits, although we may take the occasional designer suit or separate the suit out.
- Most twinsets, although we may separate them out if they are exceptional.
- Clothing that’s dated: many older polyesters, built-in shoulder-pads, etc…
Clothing brands that we do not accept:
- Faded Glory, NOBO/No Boundaries, Simbly Basic, etc…
- Merona, Mossimo Supply Co, Xhileration, etc…
- (We occasionally take designer capsule collection items, but the don’t tend to do well)
- White Stag
- Forever 21
- Wet Seal
- Dress Barn
- Layne Bryant
- Charlotte Russe
- Croft & Barrow
- Simply Vera
We reserve the right to turn down clothing and accessories for any reason. Please respect that and don’t be pushy. When we take something in we’re committing to trying to sell it. Taking in things we don’t think will sell is not being fair to the store or you.